To work towards promoting sustainable societies at the village and town level through self sustaining development modules based on local renewable natural resources.
1. To sustain and improve the ecological farming system in Ladakh which is the back bone of the economy.
2. To raise awareness about health issues mainly related to environmental cleanliness, nutrition, preventive measures against drugs, smoking, alcoholism, pollution etc.
3. To actively promote afforestation, biodiversity and ecological restoration.
4. To facilitate exchange of experiences and information among different communities and groups.
5. To practice and improve environmentally friendly, time tested indigenous knowledge and technologies.
6. To encourage and preserve the diversity of culture, tradition and language.
7. To encourage and to give equal gender justice.
8. To achieve self sustainability of LEHO.